Saturday 26 October 2013

Icom Earpieces – Show Them Some I.D or You’ll Have to Leave

Come back with me to a point in my life when I still hadn’t gotten my act together…


At age 20, I used to be unkempt haired, absent minded and into rock n roll in a large way (waitaminute – I am still unkempt haired, absent minded and into rock n roll in a big way…). I used to be courting a pole dancer, singing in a grotty group and telling anyone who would listen that I required to get out of the crappy little city and really make something of my life. I assume, in some respects I was a little like George Bailey of Bedford Falls, (if George Bailey was sort of a dick and made a point of claiming the ‘F’ word in every 2nd sentence…)


To make ends meet, while I waited in frustration for George Carlin to crop up in his time travelling phone box and help me usher in an era of world concord, I worked at a couple of careers. Specifically, one evening a week, I was employed as the Youth Worker.


To my surprise, I discovered the position to be really fun, also as very rewarding. Since I was a guru in all things media (and a Uni Certificate to show it), I started a project that might tutor the kids all about film creation, music and also the press in general.


One of my best students was a somewhat worried boy with a hard stare and a ‘brick sh!thouse’ size. When I wasn’t pulling him off various youths who may or might not have mouthed off his sister, we got along very well. After I left the job a few years later, we actually became firm friends. He has also become mainly close to my cousin (who was also a Youth Worker for a period) and my mother and father.


And not using a hint of sarcasm, watching this hard, conflicted boy grow up to become a polite, hard working man is both an honour and also a privilege. On the other hand, he floundered for a very long time as he searched for work. It just seemed that there wasn’t anything he was able to use himself to.


Then, unexpectedly, he found his vocation. My friend is a completely certified doorman, working the door in a number of pubs, clubs, venues and bars.


So as to communicate easily without causing a lot of fuss, bouncers like my buddy often use Icom Earpieces. These earphones come in several forms, with 2-pin, multi pin, straight pin and high angled forms all catered for. You can even find an Icom earpiece for nearly any form of Icom 2 way radio imaginable.


There is no fuss, as the earpieces might be operated plainly and prudently and, being armored with Kevlar, they’re every bit as hard wearing as the two-way radios they work with.


Icom has been trading in quality two way radio equipment since 1954, so they know what they’re doing and how to make customers happy whilst doing it. Icom Earpieces are solid, reliable and high spec, so it is no wonder that so many within the safety industry decide to wear them.


 As for my buddy, it appears like he has himself on track; he’s found a job that he is good for also as one that is nice for him. I might have made my share of errors in the past, but I was certainly right about a couple of things.



Icom Earpieces – Show Them Some I.D or You’ll Have to Leave

No comments:

Post a Comment